Members of the Augusta, GA chapter of Amnesty International met on January 27 and prepared letters on behalf of the following prisoners of conscience:
- Eskinder Nega of Ethiopia
- Albert Woodfox, imprisoned in Louisiana, United States of America
- A letter to the Syrian embassy asking its government to intervene to prevent human rights violations by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
- A letter to Raul Castro asking his government to cease violations of human rights in Cuba
- A letter to Vladimir Putin asking his government to cease human rights violations, especially as the world visits for the Winter Olympics
- Kalpama Chakma of Bangladesh