We are gathering Wednesday, August 23, 10:30 am to create packets of pre-addressed, pre-stamped appeal letters. Our meeting is at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Augusta, Room 3. The address is 3501 Walton Way Ext in Augusta. Spread the word on Facebook.
The packet is scheduled to include each of the following appeals:
- Chechnya: Stop Abducting and Killing Gay Men
- China: Provide detained prisoner of conscience Huang Qi adequate medical care and protect him from torture
- Pakistan: Ensure physical and mental well-being of disappeared human rights defender Punhal Sario and investigate this and all other enforced disappearances
- United States: Drop charges against journalist Jenni Monet, who was arrested covering protests of the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Venezuela: Ensure physical and mental well-being of disappeared detainee Raúl Isaías Baduel and grant him access to family and legal counsel
Please read about each of the cases and consider sending your own letters, faxes and social media updates.
If you’d like to receive the letters we’re making, pay $25 and join us. You’ll receive 3 such packets per year.