Read the Amnesty International USA action alert regarding the scheduled execution of Thomas Arthur by the State of Alabama on May 25, 2017. Consider taking the action it requests.
Review the action alerts Amnesty International, USA has issued for upcoming executions in the state of Arkansas:
- Don Davis, scheduled to be executed April 17
- Bruce Ward, scheduled to be executed April 17
- Ledell Lee, scheduled to be executed April 20
- Stacey Johnson, scheduled to be executed April 20
- Jack Jones, scheduled to be executed April 24
- Marcel Williams, scheduled to be executed April 24
- Kenneth Williams, scheduled to be executed April 27
Virginia is scheduled to execute Ivan Teleguz on April 25.
We are gathering Monday, March 27, 2:30 pm to create packets of pre-addressed, pre-stamped appeal letters. Our meeting is at a private home, so contact us for the address.
The packet is scheduled to include 2 letters from each of the following appeals:
- Lena Hendry, a prisoner of conscience in Malaysia
- Issa al-Hamid, a prisoner of conscience in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- 3 prisoners of conscience from the Chañaral Wichí Indigenous community in Argentina
- Four young children and their mothers, all seeking asylum, detained for over 500 days in the United States
Please read about each of the cases and consider sending your own letters, faxes and social media updates.
If you’d like to receive the letters we’re making, pay $25 and join us. You’ll receive 3 such packets per year.
For more information, visit the conference web page.
Amnesty International Group #186 is holding a vigil on Thursday, July 14, 2016, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm, at the entrance of the Augusta Judicial Center at the corner of Walton Way and James Brown Blvd (9th St.). We are witnessing against the State of Georgia’s intention to execute another prisoner.
Georgia’s warrant to execute John Wayne Conner begins that evening at 7 pm.
RSVP & share on Facebook.
Amnesty International Group #186 is holding a vigil on Tuesday, April 12, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm, at the entrance of the Augusta Judicial Center at the corner of Walton Way and James Brown Blvd (9th St.). We are witnessing against the State of Georgia’s intention to execute another prisoner.
Georgia’s warrant to execute Kenny Fults begins that evening at 7 pm.
Members of the Amnesty International – USA Chapter #186 (Augusta, GA) are meeting on Tuesday, April 5, 2015 at 1:30 pm to stuff packets with envelopes and mail/deliver those packets for people to sign and mail.
1. If you know anybody who would want to receive such a packet, ask them to sign up.
2. If you want to help stuff the packets, the location is the Common Room of the Augusta Unitarian Universalist Church in West Augusta. Its address is 3501 Walton Way Extension, Augusta, GA 30909. It’s across from the First Baptist Church and next to the fire station.
3. If you want your packet sent to a different address, please call/text Ayman at (706) 284-3002.
What do appeal letters look like? Check out the last batch we prepared.